Information for Schools and Groups
|Bodelwyddan Castle welcomes visits from schools, colleges and other groups on any day of the week throughout the year, by prior arrangement.
• We offer workshops and tours led by artists and museum educators that last up to one hour and 45 minutes and include practical activities. All activities are cross-curricular, age appropriate and are designed to engage different learning styles.
• Free resources and interactive galleries are available for self-guided visits.
• CPD sessions for teachers on request.
|What is there to see and do?
• Bodelwyddan Castle was once a Victorian family home. It is now run by an independent charitable trust as a museum, gallery and country park.
• We are a partner of the National Portrait Gallery with over 100 portraits of people from the nineteenth century displayed in beautiful period rooms.
• We have hands-on galleries for you to discover and play.
• Dedicated education room.
• Special art exhibitions all year.
• 40 acres of grounds for you to explore, including a deer park, rare World War 1 practice trenches, woodland walks, bird hide, orchard, maze, aviary, and formal gardens.
• Adventure play area (suitable for pre-school up to 14 years) with picnic area.
• All our tours and workshop can be adapted for groups with additional needs.
• Described tours and tactile resources available for visually impaired visitors.
• All areas on the ground and first floor are wheelchair accessible. Upper floor galleries are reached by a flight of stairs.
• Use the drop off point at the main entrance to avoid the hill from the car park.
• The main pathways outdoors are generally accessible.
Groups are welcome to use the picnic tables by the play area or the tables in the courtyard next to the castle. Unfortunately we do not have a dedicated lunch room but will make every effort to find somewhere to eat indoors during wet weather.
Self-guided visits are £2 per pupil (castle and grounds) or £1 (grounds only).br /> Workshops are £3.50 per pupil (Denbighshire) or £4 all other pupils.
There is a minimum charge of £60.
These prices include admission to all public areas of the castle and grounds throughout the day.
|How to Book Your Visit
All school and group visits, whether for taught or self-guided activities, must be booked in advance.
Further information on all workshops is available on our website.
Contact Michelle Oatway for all schools enquiries and bookings Tel: 01745 584060 and press option 4
Downloadable Risk Assessment